Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a SexToyDistributing.com account to provide a username and email address and basic business information. As we are a wholesaler we need this information to authenticate your business.
Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us, you will provide additional personal and/or payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, billing and shipping information information.
Other Information: If you use our Terms payment or Bill Me Later Services, you may also provide us with information about your financial status to set up a payments integration, such as your bank account information or other financial information to confirm your capability to pay in the future.
Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our Customer Support about a support question, or post a question about us in our twitter, facebook, or other social contact methods, if you choose to use them.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for an example, if you find an missing page or broken link, that error is recorded in our logs.
Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, the path you took through our site, and if you purchased or not) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for your purchases;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them using our Services;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals made a purchase after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Sextoy Distributing and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Sextoy Distributing and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Sextoy Distributing and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations (for example, suggested products), target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have purchased particular products or have been our user for a certain length of time).
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for items you buy; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about SexToyDistributing.com users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Sextoy Distributing, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as if you require us to ship product to someone besides yourself. In that case, your information will be printed on the shipping label.
Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in a non personally identifying way in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. For Example, we may add a question and answer to our FAQ page. Your question will not be associated with you in anyway.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your wishlist or saved products lists that you make public are all available to others, this may help you in your business to share future buying decisions without having to give other employees in your business your login information to your account.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to make public.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to Sextoy Distributing’s websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for at least 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Sextoy Distributing’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information.
Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, purchases, shipping notifications, order status updates and legal notices.
Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Sextoy Distributing’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Sextoy Distributing’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services :( :( :( :(, you can close your SexToyDistributing.com account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
Sextoy Distributing’s Services are offered worldwide.
Depending on the Services you use, more than one company may be the controller of your personal data. Generally, the “controller” is Sextoy Distributing company that entered into the contract with you under the Terms of Service for the the product you buy or service you use. Third party tracking, shipping etc, will be under the control of those companies.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
That’s it! Thanks for reading.
May25, 2018: Added more specific information to help clarify our practices including information about third party shipping and analtics tracking, and added information to reflect the requirements of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.